I love writing letters. I love getting letters. My grandmother's favorite comment is that you have to write letters to receive letters. This is not a problem for me. So, after reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, I was inspired to write more letters. (I highly recommend this book to any and all people who love a great story.) The goal: 365 letters in one year.
My plan is to begin May 3, 2010 and end May 2, 2011. Within that time period I hope to have written 365 letters.
Here are the rules:
- I can use postcards, notecards, paper and birthday cards.
- But I must write a paragraph or more. I cannot sign a card and call it a letter.
- I can send a letter to the same person several times
- But cannot reproduce the same letter and send it to multiple people.
- All letters, notes and such must be handwritten.
- I cannot count Christmas cards. ( I am so strict!)
What do I hope to achieve by this? A sense of purpose, a chance to keep in touch and a great deal of fun. And if we happen to discover the joy of really cool stamps along the way, so be it!
Keep in touch!