Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gotta Love Dogs




Okay, so lately there has been a lot of dog connections in my life. The humane society and LAspca are sending me information. Lot's of dog documentaries have been recommended by netflix. Several of my friends are dog shopping.

It has got me thinking about Mischa and Paige, my two furry devils. Recently, as part of a photo challenge the prompt was to photograph your everyday miracles. And right now, my everyday miracle is that two dogs provide me unconditional love and continue to ignore my moodiness. When I am down or overwhelmed, I can count on a cold nose to nuzzle my hand. When I am running late and get home exhausted, I can count on two lovable mutts to show enough affection to take down the Grinch. Likewise, when I am tired and lazy and think I do not want to get out bed, I can count on two little whimpers that say, "we have to walk. You'll feel better afterwards."

In a documentary called My Dog, Greg Louganis said, "I don't want to be dramatic and say that they are my reason for getting out of bed in the morning...but, yeah." I totally get that.

Thank God for dogs!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your photos in our Capturing Everyday Miracles photo challenge! We should definitely be thankful for dogs, they are very special animals. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love your post and your photos! I agree that dogs have a way of getting us out of our funk mode, they love us even when we're cranky, and they make us laugh with their silly antics. We have a rat terrier who is the silliest dog we've ever had. He makes us laugh so much.

    Thank you for participating in the Capturing Everyday Miracles photo challenge! I hope we'll see more from you on the blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete