Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Baking





Christmas Baking is here! I decided to experiment today. I am using a fun recipe for cinnamon-oatmeal cookies. I altered a Martha Stewart recipe to make it work for me. I omitted the raisons. Also, I baked them in my handy-dandy bar pan. It makes individual squares. Special thank you to my beloved mother in law who bought this for me. It is used frequently! Lastly, I made a dent in the top of the cookie and added a little raspberry jam.

Recipe:
* 1C all purpose flour
*1/4 tsp of baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt (each)
*1/2 C butter (1 stick) (softened)
*2/3C brown sugar
*1/3 C sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C oats
1/8 raspberry preserves

1. Mix sugars and butter until fluffy.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. Add egg and vanilla to butter-sugar mixture.
4. Add the flour mixture.
5. Add the oats.
6. Scoop the cookie mixture into greased bar pan. Could also try a muffin pan and see if that works.
7. Make a dent in the cookie mixture with the back of a spoon. Add a dollop of raspberry preserves to the divot.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!

1 comment: