Thanks to a fabulous friend of mine, I have a tasty recipe for taco soup. It is full of protein and lycopene. Lycopene, a good for you nutrient, found in tomatoes. Like most recipes, I played with it until it fit the needs of our family. It called for 1 lb of ground sirloin and mexican style canned tomatoes, but I like ground turkey and only had Rotelle tomatoes with green chiles on hand.
- 1lb ground turkey
- 4 cans of Rotelle tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of chili beans
- 1 C of frozen corn kernels
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of ranch dip seasoning
- 2 T of minced onion
1. Brown ground turkey in large stockpot. Add minced onion and cook through until turkey is no longer pink. Break up turkey with spoon.
2. Add taco seasoning and ranch seasoning.
3. Add in canned tomatoes, canned beans and corn.
4. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
5. If you want to be really decadent, add a handful of shredded cheddar to the bowl.