Thursday, February 17, 2011

Treats in the Mail


Oh how I love to get treats in the mail! Yippee Skippee! I just got my new Apron Strings Smaller than a Breadbox kit in the mail. Those of you who belong to a kit club understand the joy of getting a whole new box of possibilities. The most fun about this kit is... it contains October Afternoon paper.

Confession time: I have a slight obsession (need serious therapy) with October Afternoon. The two lines I would say that I hoard the most are October Afternoon and Sassafrass Lass. Judge not folks, I know there are a few of you out there who are closet hoarders. Perhaps your fix is Basic Grey or Graphic 45. But we can all relate to the desire to find the perfect pictures, perfect story for this our favorite paper.

So, in trying to use up stash, clean out supplies and get over hoarding problem, I have devised a plan. I am using this October Afternoon Modern Homemaker line on two super cool home binders for family Christmas gifts. Shh, don't tell. A home binder is simply a binder with important numbers, chore list, favorite recipes and anything else you might need to create household order. The Flylady has one and several magazines sell options for one. But my sister who is the single mother to a four year old is getting a handmade one from yours truly. Yep, that is how much I love my sister, I am wasting... I mean using October Afternoon paper on her. :)

I promise to show you the results when I am finished. Thanks for letting me using this post as group therapy for paper hoarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment