Thursday, April 28, 2011

Punches to the rescue


I have a slight punch obsession. It probably comes from not having a die cutting machine, but I really love my punches. I use my punches constantly! My punches help me use up scraps, make embellishments, create scallops, round corners, etc.

Naturally, I turned to my punches again when I came up with an interesting idea. After the fun Jingle Belles' challenge, I started thinking about other "green" possibilities. What was destined for the trash that could be salvaged for scrapbooking purposes? Hmm, and then I saw it. I had a sheet of Hawaiian Rainforest stamps, that were now stampless. I was getting ready to toss the empty sheet, when I realized its potential. Using my punches, I was able to punch out pretty flowers from the leftover background section of the sheet. And check it out, because it was a stamp set, all the flowers have adhesive already on the back. I have loads of fun flower stickers in rainforest colors!

Jingle Belles and punches saved a useful item from a premature death!

No comments:

Post a Comment