It is baking time again. Back at the troops with a little bit of chocolate and sugar to sweeten their February. In order to send them, it is best to bake in 8x8 containers. Then, wrap them in foil (after they have cooled). Next, wrap in saran wrap. Finally, place the pan in a gallon size ziplock. Which also allows you to label it. You can usually fit two of these pans in a medium flat rate box.
So, how did I make these blondies? Well, like most things I found a recipe and made it work for me. It called for milk chocolate chips, which I did not have. But I had a few left over Hershey bars. Make it work!
-1 1/8 C of all purpose flour
-1/2tsp of baking soda and salt (each)
-1/2 C of sugar
-1/2 C of brown sugar
-1/2 C of butter (softened)
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
-2 Hershey bars broken into little bits
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Cream butter, sugars and vanilla.
2. Add egg and mix.
3. Add salt and baking soda to flour.
4. Sift flour mixture into sugar mixture.
5. Pour batter into 8 x8 pan. Drop chocolate bits on top.
6. Put pan in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Take out and swirl chocolate into batter with knife, making it marbled.
8. Put pan back in and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.