Monday, March 7, 2011

Catching up


Back with more Apron Strings fun! This is Birthday Challenge #4. It was a blast. First, you choose elements of a cake you want to bake. Then you are given the scrapbook equivalent of the cake ingredients. For example, I chose a vanilla cake, with strawberry filling, buttercream frosting and fresh fruit on top. Sounds good right? In Apron Strings terms that translates to white or kraft cardstock, with patterned paper that has dots or circles, some buttons and finally paint! Good times were had!

I decided to do a simple layout of my husband at the zoo. He is my favorite person and the zoo is quite possibly his favorite place. We walk through the gate and the man turns into an 8 year old kid who cannot get enough of animal planet. It is one of the many things I love about him.

Thus, the layout has him happy and painted up. Once again, I turned to Mind's Eye Alphabet soup and ranger paints. Paint makes it feel like a real project... must be all the mess!

1 comment: