Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pinching pennies the paper way



I am one of the cheapest people I know. My husband likes to call it frugal, but either way, I like to save and use up all that I can. Which means when I cut a gigantic circle out of a 12x12 sheet of paper I want to still find a way to use those little corner sections. Solution: enter in the punches. My favorite thing to do is punch out flowers, butterflies and circles from this paper, trying to use up every bit. If you have punches, I suggest this method, you can use these as accents for the rest of your layouts if you want them to coordinate with the rest of the papers you are using. You can also use them for cards.

Another great suggestion someone once gave me... after the layout comes the card. Use the rest of the scraps from your layout for a few cards. The paper, the cardstock and all the other bits are there, why not use it while you got it!

Happy crafting and frugal living!

No comments:

Post a Comment